Tuesday, August 26, 2008

waiting...

I am in that horrible two weeks of waiting. The time between ovulating and peeing on a stick hoping for a "pregnant" on the readout. Two weeks of no alcohol (I can handle that), no caffeine (a bit harder to handle), no lunch meat (at least I like pb&j), no soft cheeses (this is the hardest one, I LOVE cheese!), eating lots of folic acid and taking prenatal vitamins. And waiting.... each day seams like a week. Each morning I wake up, immediately stick a thermometer in my mouth and pray that the temperature stays high. And I wait.... for another day to go by, one day closer to an answer to the always present question "Am I pregnant"? During all the waiting, I am also analyzing. I analyze my energy level. If I have one day feeling a bit more tired than usual I think surely that is a sign. I analyze my boobs, I almost will my boobs to be tender becuase that is another sign. I analyze any sick feeling and I hope for nausea becuase... yup, you guessed, another sign. All these unpleasant feelings that most people dont want to happen, I pray for them to so I have some hope that I am pregnant this month. I dont know why I do this to myself, I am so dissappointed when I find out I am not. I hate waiting... I just want to know one way or another. I am only on day two of the two week wait, how am I ever going to last another 12 days?

I get to pee on a stick (POS) on my birthday. It's funny how POS brings such joy to me. I love when I wake up and get to POS, it makes me feel like I am doing something instead of just waiting. Whether I POS to determine if I am ovulating or to determine if I am pregnant I feel like I am getting answers instead of just waiting. I am a little bummed each morning that I wake up and dont get to POS. I almost miss it during the wait between ovulation and expected aunt flow visit. So I get to POS on my birthday. It may be the BEST birthday of my life, or it may start with some bad news. If it does start with a negative test, I'll handle it. I assume that I am not pregnant, so it will be dissappointing but not anything I won't be prepared for.

I really like this whole blog thing. I started it yesterday and posted twice and had to keep myself from posting all day. It is such a great way of getting out the feelings I have been keeping to myself. Even if no one reads it I feel so good getting out my frustrations. I have been reading other blogs, too. I realize that my story isnt NEARLY as bad as many others. I have only been TTC (trying to conceive) for a year, some others have been TTC for 3, 5, 10, even 12 years! I dont even know how I would feel if I am in this same boat 3 years from now. I dont think I could be in this situation 12 years from now, I would be institutionalized instead!

In my current job I spend a lot of time researching infant development; emotional, social, physical, cognitive, and brain development. I feel like as I research and attend conferences I am constantly preparing to be a Mommy, which doesnt help. Usually people can dive into their work in order to forget for a little while, but I cant. Even my career is a constant reminder about what I am missing.

Wow, this blog is becoming quite long. I already admitted I may become obsessed with blogging! I will try not to post 5 more blogs today, but I'm not guarenteeing anything!

3 comments:

candy said...

here from mel's virtual lushary -- welcome to blogging. you found a great community through mel's blog.

wishing you luck on your next pee stick! i hope it's an extremely happy birthday.

www.candysland.wordpress.com
(2 children through adoption)

Heather Moore said...

hang in there. hope this two weeks flies by for you. my chart with this baby my temp never went up. it just stayed the same but "i knew" i was pg and got a + 4dpo. Granted it was twins but it was so early. I'll be praying...

Kristin said...

Good luck with the wait. I have to admit, I never, ever gave up caffeine. My caffeine habits were the same through both my successful pregnancies and my losses.