Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Temperature

Today is day three of the wait. But, I am not sure that I ovulated this month. I am on Clomid so I should have, and my ovulation predictor kit indicated when I was about to, but my temperature did not go up. It is still the same as before ovulation. Now I am assuming that most people that read this blog knows the significance of temperature but for anyone that doesnt I'll explain. Once you ovulate your body produces a hormone that is more thermal so it raises your body temperature. If you dont ovulate, no raise in temp. So, I am worried that I have not even ovulated.

The biggest reason that waiting is so difficult this time is because of my home situation right now. I work from home so I am by myself all day. And, my husband is now out of town for work for the next 10 weeks, coming home on the weekends. So, during the week, not only am I home all day by myself, I am also home all night by myself. It makes the wait seem longer, they days longer. If I worked somewhere else I would be around people all day and then have the evenings to myself, which wouldnt be so bad. So I have been trying to keep myself busy. I went to the dentist today, I am going to lunch with some of my old coworkers on Friday, I went to the movies last night, and to the bookstore the night before.

Ok, enough complaining! The rest of today is going to be great! I am going to get the stuff done I need to for work, I am going to swim in my pool, and I am going to see if my friend Jess wants to go out to dinner.

Until next time....

4 comments:

Jo said...

Starr,
Thanks for commenting on my blog. I know how hard it is to work from home and deal with the alone-ness (if not loneliness), especially when you are waiting for something. I don't work at home now, but I did once. I would often take my work to a cafe (although avoid the caffeine!) just to be around other people. Also, belonging to a yoga center was a godsend. Once, I started a garden but it turned out that I had a horribly brown thumb! Anyway, good luck; try to get out of the house once a day... and fingers crossed.
Jo

Kym said...

Maybe you should visit your mother. Now that is an idea to pass your time. Take your work up north to your Mother's home and visit.

Unknown said...

Funny Mom!! I'll be up there next week! But I have one question... how are YOU going to help me get pregnant!?! Oh, I guess going up there for the week to visit will help me relax, most people think if I just relax it'll happen, ha ha!

Thanks for the comments!

Anonymous said...

My name is Helen Page and i would like to show you my personal experience with Clomid.

I am 30 years old. I have taken for 3 months. My progesterone level after my first dose of Clomid was 65 so I knew that I had ovulated. Couldn't try the second cycle on it because my husband went out-of-town while I was O'ing, go figure. Hoping it worked this month!!

I have experienced some of these side effects-
Mood swings, increased appetite, hot flashes, increased pain during ovulation, abdominal pain, mild but infrequent headaches. Also, I used to be on a consistent 28 day cycle, but I think Clomid might have lengthened it as I'm now on a 31-32 day cycle.

I hope this information will be useful to others,
Helen Page