Thursday, October 30, 2008

The Greatest Husband

My husband is sooo great! Right now he is out of town and I really miss him. On Sunday, I was having some issues (pain) from the surgery I had and had several 'chores' that I kept meaning to do all weekend but I kept procrastinating. All I wanted to do on Sunday is curl up on the couch. My Husband did the tasks for me that I had been meaning to do. He didnt complain about it (which really surprises me because he HATES when I procrastinate). One of the things he did is one of the most pain in the butt chores that I needed to get done. We make wine, and about two weeks ago my friend and I each started a batch of apple cinnamon wine with local produce. About two weeks after starting a batch you have to ciphon the wine from the primary fermenter (plastic bucket) to the carboy (6 gallon glass jug). Before ciphoning it you have to sanitize all the equipment, then ciphon it into the new container, then test the alcohol content and sugar level, then clean all the the equipment really well. It isnt so bad when you can sample the wine while you are doing it, or at least have a glass of wine. It is really just time consuming and can be a pain when you really dont feel like doing it at all. Sunday, not only did he rack my wine, but also my friend's wine. What a sweetheart! Usually he likes to relax on Sunday when he is working out of town because he knows the next day he has to leave and stay in a hotel all week. Great husband!

Babies, babies, everywhere!! My brothers ex just had a baby (see previous post) my husband's cousin just had a baby that we visited on Saturday, I just visited a friend who has a baby last week (we actually were hoping to have babies at the same time, he is 5 months old now and I am not even pregnant!), I visited a pregnant friend yesterday (I hadnt seen her in quite awhile so it was really nice visiting!), it seems that babies are surrounding me right now! So, it is no surprise that I had a dream last night that I found out I was pregnant. In my dream I was at work (weird since I work from home but in my dream I worked in an office) and was so excited when I found out that I ran out of the bathroom waving around my pee stick with my pants off! I guess I had taken them off to pee on the stick and didnt put them back on. Other than the running around with no pants on waving around a stick I had just peed on, I was really bummed to wake up and realize it was just a dream. Ah well, It isnt the first pregnant dream I have had and it certainly will not be the last!

I am about half way through the 2week wait. Waiting to see if I start, or if I can take a pregnancy test. I am pretty hopeful this month, which kind of sucks because it makes the 2ww seem longer and the disappointment will be worse if I am not pregnant. Hopefully, I will not have to have too many more months like this.

Until next time....

1 comment:

Heather Moore said...

how nice of H. Thanks again for spending the afternoon with me! It was fab to have you here. Hope to see you tomorrow.