Saturday, October 11, 2008

Answers....I think

I went in for a laparoscopy on Tuesday, as my previous post said I was a bit nervous. I was put under (which I hated) and they did NOT find endometriosis (wahoo!) and my tubes are NOT blocked (yay!!). What they did find was that my ovaries were fused to my uterus and pelvis WTF??? What the hell does that mean? They cut my ovaries away from my other organs so I guess that is good. I didnt get to talk to the doctor because I was still out so I wasnt able to ask the questions I wanted answered. According to my husband, the doc said it 'could' be a factor in my infertility so she wants me to stay on Clomid and keep trying. Initially when my husband told me this I was ecstatic. I was excited to have found the reason and they fixed it so all is good, right? Wrong! After asking my husband some more questions "what did she say SPECIFICALLY? Did she say it is probably the cause? Or could be a factor? Did she say it is the cause for my extremely painful periods? Will it quit hurting? What does fused ovaries cause?" He said she only told him it 'could be a factor' so I am less convinced now that we found the problem. I also dont want to try to conceive for another six months and find out that it wasnt the cause. I dont want to put off finding the real culprit due to false hopes that this was it. I guess I will just have to wait until my follow-up appointment to get some more answers. So, I am in a 'two week wait' of sorts, just not the typical 2ww. A 2ww till my follow-up appointment. At least now I have a little hope, maybe we found some answers but I guess I wont know until I either get pregnant... or not.

The other thing I was told is that I need to go in for a sleep study. Apparantly when I sleep my lungs forget to breathe at times. As I was waking up from the anesthesia they had to keep turning the oxygen back on because the oxygen machines were beeping that it was too low. Apparantly I kept forgetting to breathe. They had to keep shaking me and telling me to breathe. So they suggested I have a sleep study done. I was telling one of my friends (we were roomies in college so she has seen me sleep) and she said "yeah, you do that all the time". Oh, really? So I guess I will put that on my list of things to worry about!

One last thing about the surgery... I woke up once (I dont know if it was too soon or what) and FLIPPED out! I thought it was a dream because I was back out again. The next time I woke up I asked the nurse if I woke up once already and freaked out or was it a dream (it was bad so I thought it was just a dream) and she said that I did and that I was a little confused. Then she went outside the room and said to a different nurse "she does remember waking up earlier so she may be a little upset". From my fuzzy memory I really flipped! I thought I was being kidnapped and held down and stabbed or something because I hurt. It was really weird, a very strange memory! I could never be a drug addict because I do NOT like to not really know what is going on and not being in control of myself.

So that was my experience, I got some answers but I dont know how much faith I can put into them that it has cured my infertility. Fingers crossed that it did!

1 comment:

Jo said...

Starr, that is some wild and crazy stuff. Do you know anything else yet? Aren't our bodies miraculous and infuriating at the same time? Fingers crossed that all is well and your difficult days are behind you...knock on lots of wood...